Search Manic Mark's Blog

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Crosley Refrigerator No. 2 - Shelvadore


Crosley Refrigerator No. 2

Years ago, I picked up a stack of translucent red wax Crosley promotional 78s. All the labels look like the sample above.

The side you are listening to is the complete song. The flip side are samples of the song timed for shorter ad slots.

The second image is a mid 30s Crosley Shelvador Refrigerator featuring a built-in radio. I've only seen a couple of these in private collections. One was working and stocked with beer!

2 comments:

  1. OH! WOW! A Fridge with a radio! How fabulous! I want one!BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had one when I was a kid in Milwaukee. My mom would always had it on when working in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!