Search Manic Mark's Blog

Wednesday, October 7, 2020

My Favorite Things - Dave Brubeck Quartet

 

My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things
Dave Brubeck Quartet
Produced by Two Macero
Cover Photo: Jerome Ducrot
Columbia CL 2437
1966

Personnel:

Dave Brubeck - piano
Paul Desmond - alto sax
Joe Morello - drums
Gene Wright - bass

From the back cover: A lot of my friends tell me I should be angry when the modern boys fool around with my music. I think a lot of my friends aren't being very smart about this. When Dave Brubeck fools around, he isn't fooling.

For me, this whole My Favorite Things album is deeply enjoyable and highly flattering. I'm indeed grateful to Dave Brubeck. – Richard Rodgers


From Billboard - February 6, 1966: A batch of Richard Rodger's most delightful tunes, interpreted in the swinging quartet. One of the smoothest, most popular groups today, they have a sure-fire seller here. Fans will flip over Brubeck's solo intro to "My Romance," and Paul Desmond's alto sax in in beautiful form.

My Favorite Things
Over And Over Again
Why Can't I
Little Girl Blue
This Can't Be Love
My Romance
Circus On Parade
The Most Beautiful Girl In The World

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!