Search Manic Mark's Blog

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Soft And Warm - Roberto Rossani

Blue Moon
Soft And Warm
Roberto Rossani conducts his Orchestra and Chorus
Somerset P-12300
1960

From Billboard - January 11, 1960: A sexy cover proves an eye-catcher. No type or title at all on the front – merely the art, with the more prosaic information, relative to artists and songs on the back cover. Lush performances by work and chorus of such standards as "If I Loved You." "All Things You Are," "Blue Moon," etc. Big orchestral sound. Set was cut in London.

I've never seen a Somerset or other U.S. label manufactured period jacket that features this level of provocative cheesecake art not to mention the exclusion of cover type. Unfortunately, the set is not as hot as the cover art.

If I Loved You
All The Things You Are
Always
I'll See You Again
Blue Moon
There's A Small Hotel
I Surrender Dear
Some Enchanted Evening

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!