Search Manic Mark's Blog

Friday, September 27, 2013

Chic To Chic! - Nino Nanni

The Things I Want
Chic To Chic!
Nino Nanni
Carlton LP 12/108

From the back cover: Other singers, too many singers, sing. Nino sells! At this point, however, let me dispel any vague notion you may be harboring that this is a Jazz album. Jazz-oriented, yes, Jazz only, no. Nino Nanni is a throughly fine cafe performer who has and does perform in the most chic boƮtes. He knows the taste of Cafe Society, but it has not limited his musicianship.

Jack Lazare, who wrote the notes, struggles to find words to help market the album. Basically, this is a a small combo jazz album featuring a "lounge" vocalist whose approach is "spoken word". The results are unusual, but Nanni's control is such that he does, indeed "sell" the set.

Oddball? Maybe. Interesting? Yes!

Thank Heaven For Little Girls
Remind Me
A Woman In Love
It's All Right With Me
I've Grown Accustomed To Her Face
I Wish I Were In Love Again
It's Love
The Most Beautiful Girl In The World
The Things I Want
I Like The Likes Of You
Bewitched
Allez-Vous-En, Go Away

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!