Search Manic Mark's Blog

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Dyn-O-Mite Guitar - Billy Strange

Dyn-O-Mite Guitar
Billy Strange
GNP Crescendo GNPS - 2094
1975

I thought GNP Crescendo had reissued most of their catalog either on new vinyl or by purchase/digital download. I can't find this album online, at the moment, but have to assume GNP still controls the rights. So, sorry, I will not be posting a sample.

The cover looks budget and the song selection made me wonder how great this album could be. I mean, Love Will Keep Us Together... really? Even the back cover kind of smacks of a private press look. But, even with the "disco" touches, this album is really stellar 70s fun. It's a great mix of 70s cheese, light pop, disco and just Billy Strange cool. Inventive arrangements, good all the way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!