Search Manic Mark's Blog

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sabroso y Picante!

Sabroso y Picante!Los Cuatro Amigos
Columbia Records 8152
Industria Chilena
1959

Along with a record titled Cinco Lations, this record was the first in a new line of export records designed by Columbia for the South American market. The list price was $3.98. Selections were taken from the catalog of the International Division of CBS.

The set, for the most part, plays all instrumental and has a modern (for the late 50s) vibe. Some tracks are almost comical. Check out the sample I've posted featuring the kazoo and mouth harp. Great!

1 comment:

  1. THAT is JUST fabulous! I love the cover! I realized I have not checked your blog in several days and am now gonna look at some of the entries before Blanca picks me up for dinner!! This was magical!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!