Search Manic Mark's Blog

Thursday, May 9, 2024

The Mood Is Romance - Joni James

 

Star Eyes

The Mood Is Romantic 
Joni James
Orchestra Conducted by Skip Martin
Produced by Howard Scott
MGM Records SE 3990
1961

From Billboard - December 4, 1961: Here's thrush Joni James in contrasting moods and either way the idea should appeal to her many fans. In the swinging package she has selected items like "Just In Time," "Ain't Misbehavin'," "Something's Gotta Give," etc., while the softer mood set highlights songs like "Star Eyes," "Time On My Hands" and "You Go To My Head." In both cases, the gal is supported by good size ensembles with Jimmie Haskell and Skip Martin doing the respective baton chores.

Star Eyes
Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea
Time On My Hands
You Go To My Head
The Music Stopped
I'm Beginning To See The Light
Just Squeeze Me (But Don't Tease Me)
Dream, Dream, Dream
Wonder Why
Here Comes Heaven Again
I Remember You
I Hadn't Anyone Till You

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!