Search Manic Mark's Blog

Saturday, September 9, 2023

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me - Mel Carter

 

A Sweet Little Girl

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me
Mel Carter
Produced and Arranged by Nick De Caro
*Arranged by Gene Page
**Produced by Eddie Ray, Arranged by H. B. Barnum
Engineer: "Lanky" Linstrot
Cover Design and Photography: Studio Five
IR Imperial LP-9289
A Product of Liberty Records

From the back cover: The is my Mel Carter. And in life I can think of nothing greater than sharing a beautiful circumstance. However, this becomes more than just a beautiful circumstance. It's sharing a friendship.

I thought that friendship would prejudice my reaction to Mel Carter, but the was discounted by the millions who have responded to his talent. His hit record of Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me give me great personal satisfaction because it is like a confirmation of everything wonderful I had hoped for Mel and his manager, Zelda Sands. There's a bit of selfishness involved because my initial wish was to keep this exciting and honest talent to myself, however, we know this is impossible because such an obvious gift must be enjoyed by the world. So Imperial Records has given me the honor of preparing you for some of the rare and exciting moments you will enjoy in life, listening to an artist who truly develops an intuitive love affair between himself and listener.

At the conclusion of this album you will find that I have no monopoly on good taste... and that now this is also your Mel Carter. – With Love, Rosko (Bill "Rosko" Mercer is one of the most popular disc jockeys of the Southern California scene)

P.S. I affectionately admit that it was the lovable and unforgettable Sam Cooke who opened my eyes and heart and enabled me to feel and write this, for he brought Mel to my attention.

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me
The Richest Man Alive*
Detour
Funny World*
A Sweet Little Girl
I Need You Now
Wanted
I Just Can't Imagine*
High Noon**
I'll Never Be Free*
What's On Your Mind**
I Am

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!