Search Manic Mark's Blog

Friday, August 3, 2012

Anyone Can Play The Bongos

Anyone Can Play The Bongos
Willie Rodriguez With Chuck Sagle And His Orchestra
Epic BN 583

The only time I ever got myself into trouble blogging is when I posted a ventriloquist instructional record and suggested that, in no way, was the skill "as easy to learn" from the recording as claimed by the marketing copy on the cover. But apparently you can learn how to do that thing while listening to that record... and a few ventriloquists let me know it.

Not to make the same mistake twice... I'm sure many bongo players learned how to play from this record even though the concept of understanding a visual motion construct by way of a recorded instruction seems to me to be next to impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!