Search Manic Mark's Blog

Saturday, June 20, 2020

I'm A Woman - Peggy Lee

Come Rain Or Come Shine
I'm A Woman
Peggy Lee
Produced by Dave Cavanaugh
Cover Photo: John Engstead
Capitol Records ST 1857
1963

From the back cover: Benny Carter conducts on "I'm A Woman" and "I'll Get By." Dick Hazard on all the rest. The instrumentalist include such topflight jazz musicians as trumpeter Manny Klein, drummer Stan Levey, pianist Mike Malvoin, bassist Max Bennett, guitarists John Pisano and Al Hendrickson, and others equally distinguished, who play with skill and subtlety that provide Peggy Lee with plenty of room in which to swing!

From Billboard - February 23, 1963: This is one of Peggy's most entrancing albums. The thrush tackles a collection of current pop hits and shows how they should sound in the hands of a finished singer like Miss Lee. Here are songs like "The Alley Cat Song," "One Note Samba," "There Ain't No Sweet Man That's Worth The Salt Of My Tears" and "I'm Walking'," plus the title tune. A lovely set.

The Alley Cat Song
Mama's Gone, Goodbye
I'm Walkin'
Come Rain Or Come Shine
There Ain't No Sweet Man That's Worth The Salt Of My Tears
I'm A Woman
Mack The Knife
You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Loves You
I'll Get By
I Left My Heart In San Francisco
A Taste Of Honey
One Note Samba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!