Search Manic Mark's Blog

Saturday, February 9, 2019

I Don't Want To Cry - Chuck Jackson

I Don't Want To Cry
Chuck Jackson
Photo & Design: Maidoff
Ward Records LP-650

Available from online vendors so I will not be posting a sample. Presented here to share the fantastic original cover art and jacket note excerpt.

From the back cover: It's no coincidence that Chuck Jackson's first two single hits and every additional song in this album is concerned with crying. The young man has a natural emotional inflection in his voice and, coupled with a dramatically intense delivery, just seems to lend himself ideally to this type of material.

From Billboard - November 6, 1961: This is Chuck Jackson first album and it includes two of his pervious hit singles, "I Don't Want To Cry" and "I Wake Up Crying." The chanter also gives out in his vigorous style with such other tear-stained titles as "Tears On My Pillow" and "Lonely Teardrops." In view of Jackson's recent success on the singles scene, there should be many requests to purchase his first LP from his growing number of fans.

I Don't Want To Cry
Tears On My Pillow
Willow Tree
In Between Tears
Tear Of The Year
I Cried For You
Lonely Teardrops
Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying
Salty Tears
I Wake Up Crying
A Tear
A Man Ain't Supposed To Cry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!