Search Manic Mark's Blog

Friday, July 20, 2018

The Most Popular Guitar - Chet Atkins

My Prayer
The Most Popular Guitar
Chet Atkins
Recorded in Nashville, Tennessee
Recording Engineer: Bill Porter
RCA Victor LPM-2346
1961

From the back cover: This is Chet's thirteen album and it goes a long way in explaining the durable Atkins magic. In the background there's a string-drenched orchestra, a warm vocal group and romance-sized arrangements. In the foreground The World's Most Popular Guitar coaxes new beauty from favorites of two continents – tender themes culled from such varied sources as the classics, the cinema and the cradle.

It Ain't Necessarily So
My Dear Little Sweetheart
Stay As Sweet As You Are
Monte Carlo Melody
When Day Is Done
My Prayer
Rock-A-Bye Bay
Vanessa
Intermezzo
Hi-Lili, Hi-Lo
East Of The Sun
Goin' Home

1 comment:

  1. My Daddy, played and loved this beautiful music and so do I!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!