Search Manic Mark's Blog

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Dakota Staton Sings Ballads And The Blues

Where Flamingo Fly
Dakota Staton Sings Ballads And The Blues
Produced by Andy Wiswell
Cover Photo by Lee Friedlander
Capitol Records T1387
1960

From Billboard - June 6, 1960: The style which shot Dakota Staton to virtually overnight prominence is very much present in her latest efforts. Many of the selections are of the slower paced variety which can be very revealing of any weaknesses in a singer's technique. Miss Staton sounds as convincing in these as in her up-tempo efforts. Her wide following will be happy about her delivery of "Someone To Watch Over Me," " My One And Only Love," "I'll Know," and "Time Was," among others. A strong chart contender.

Someone To Watch Over Me
I Need Your Love So Bad
Why Don't You Think Things Over
Romance In The Dark
My One And Only Love
Love Me
I'll Know
Where Flamingos Fly
Time Was
My Babe
Come Home
Seems Like You Just Don't Care

1 comment:

  1. Another beautiful cover. And a superb voice. Thanks !

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!